Searching to make more of an impact. I’ve never lived a life of mediocrity. In school, I pushed. In sports, I pushed even harder! And when it came to my career…I wanted it now! I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and my doctorate in chiropractic and started my own practice at age 23. (Yep, I’m a chiropractor.) So why, 15 years later, did I still feel like there was something else that needed to be done?
This is when Kayla gave me a glimpse into her vision for improving the optometric world. All I had learned from starting my own practice: the mistakes, the logistics, the training, the missed sales…if I had a resource like what Kayla wanted to offer to eye doctors, I could have avoided all of that! This would completely transform the lives of practice owners! She believed she could change the prosperity of independent opticals. She told me her vision but struggled with how she was going to make it happen.
I told her, “You have a business! I can build a platform that supports everything you are wanting to do for eyecare."
This concept is known today as Spexy.
The search ended for me with Spexy. Through Spexy, we are able to change the lives of so many practice owners. I live fulfilled. Having the ability to adapt Spexy to become the most practical resource for independent opticals, while still practicing in my own private practice.
I found what I was looking for…a way to impact so many. I had no clue that my biggest impact would be bettering the environment for optometric professionals, but that’s life for ya. :)
- Completed 8.5 year Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Doctor of Chiropractic degree education in 6 years.
- Graduated with doctorate degree at age 23.
- Diplomate Degree in Extremity care: C.C.E.P. Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner.
- Certified in Webster’s In-Utero Constraint Technique.
- 100% success turning breech babies.
- Clinical expertise in care for pediatrics, pregnancy, biomechanical kinetic chain function, sports for professional and recreational
- Specialize in Lifestyle Wellness education. Physical, Bio-chemical and Psychological well being.
- National TV appearance on QVC for fitness product.
- Accomplished continuing education speaker.
- Author of 4 books.